Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Mercy, Mercy, Spare the Darkness

Mercy, Mercy, Spare the Darkness

I was walking alone after dark
I wore a mask, a mask of fear
It was darker than that
I couldn't find myself even if I tried
The moon was covered up by the sky
By secret clouds, they were in disguise
The wind was moaning and making song
Shivers shake my legs all wrong

There was a ghost in front of me
I thought there it was but maybe just the wind blows
I felt a thing brushing at me
Maybe it was a cat that I could not see
There was a fear that I never met
How could I know if I've never seen
I heard a scream in the darkness
Darkness is calling, out for me

I couldn't respond at it
Stiff, still, unable to move
Where is my mouth, my mind, my soul
How do I answer this very chill
Can't get out this street is gone
There is no end and the gutters gone
Everything is wrong in the darkness
Darkness is calling, out for me

    Eerie darkened sanctioned dimension
    Of a madness craving innocence
    I am innocence crying fear
    Mercy, mercy, spare the darkness

Wait, listen, a noise or not
In pitch black night all is sound
When there is no light to assure
Comfort to discomfort is result
This striking fear you can't address
How could you know if you've never met
She will meet you in darkness
Darkness is calling, out for all

    Eerie darkened sanctioned dimension
    Of a madness craving innocence
    We are innocence crying fear
    Mercy, mercy, spare the darkness

Meow, shrieking noise
A black cat is just a breathing rug
When a witch and a bat fly
They are stealth in the sky
Ready to pierce your face tonight
Cover your face you have no sight
If you want to see tomorrow
Answer the darkness, it's calling you
And let the fear be lost in you
When you see darkness, tell me of her

No comments:

Post a Comment

Must...leave...comments...
Anyone can comment, no sign-up is required!