Search This Blog

Thursday, August 31, 2006

The Revolutionist's Hymn

The Revolutionist's Hymn

Today I listened to the lost sounds of the past
They were cut up and dirty, but their scars and stains will last
They were memories or feelings of harmony
There is no peace today, and there's not much to see
    Or listen to, that's what I'll do from now on
    And make a soundtrack of my own since nobody's doing one
    This day I'm making a change for the world
Today the sunshine had a hard impact on me
It was burning, but I did not complain you see
'Cause I was comf'terble, and I could take the heat
Like a man, and the sun reached out it's hand and he was greeting me
    And saying hello, cause no one ever says it at all
    Or makes a compliment, so I'll fill in since no one's filling at all
    This day I'm making a change for the world
    But if the world doesn't change, I'm making a change for you and me
       And those who understand
       Hopefully you can see my intentions, and understand my direction
       And those who haven't a clue
       Will you get past my disguise and see into my eyes and plot my destination
       A shrinking resolution, small secret revolution, our shit silly reactions that are taking us God know's where
Yesterday I lectured and failed to get the pass
I was no where near there, I walked them off the path
But I didn't command enough bricks for this road
Someday more will gather and together we'll go home
    Or to another country where others will need the definition of what I am talking about
    Bring this world to another time and they'll know my intentions to shout
    On this day, and I'm making a change for the world
    Making a change for the world
    Making a change for the world
    Come join me on this day and we will go...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Must...leave...comments...
Anyone can comment, no sign-up is required!