Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

care for you child

To love someone is something else
But to care is something better
Physical contact is nothing without
An honest, thoughful letter
With words of love compasion
And small phrases of joy
A therapy much more needed
Than having around her boy
She comes seeking attention
Doors are open, house the homeless
And whenever she is cold
Donations open, take our blankets
Whenever she is hungry
The kitchen's open, help yourself
Whenever she is lonely
We're always open, I'll be here
Troubled, stressed, out of control
"She's sick," the doctor said
Two full spoons of friendship
And one capsul of "hopes ahead"
My patient comes with many complaints
Emotions pile on me
But it's my job, and I love it well
In response to care for thee
She cries at night, what's the matter
She wants it all to end
But can't you see, it's not too much
She only needs a friend
Love is just a game
But to care is something more
To be there for her every day
Throws love right out the door
"Go to the sink, wash your tears'
Sounds cliche, but I'm right here'
So you know you got nothing to fear"
My child, I don't just love you, I care

No comments:

Post a Comment

Must...leave...comments...
Anyone can comment, no sign-up is required!